4/14/21

 


You reminded us to see the goodness of God as you were describing the shut down in March. You may agree March was by far one of the hardest months this school has ever walked through (last March and this March!) Satan was trying to distract us from His goodness. This March my battle with anxiety and depression was a battle, a loosing battle of my anxious thoughts. I kept thinking why is Satan attacking me on all sides? Work and home life were so stressful, I started suffering with some pretty bad physical ailments because of stress. I was spiraling and really question why God had me in this place of fear and despair. 

When you told us to reflect on the goodness of God my eyes were opened to something that made me so in awe of His goodness. In the middle of the meeting, tears were flowing down my face because I had realized that at the same time FCS was facing this pandemic, the Lord was parting the seas and making a way for me to be right here. It was only today that I found out if it hadn’t of been for COVID (and Laura D needing a job during the shutdown), then there may not have been a position available for me at FCS.

It gets even better, at this same week in March, I was in Alabama getting the news that my husband had left rehab (and the months of promised in patient counseling) to move into his girlfriend’s house (a big surprise to me).  Within 24 hours they emptied my house from everything of value.

At the same exact moment my entire world (and everyone else’s) was falling apart, He was already redeeming the ruins and whispering to me to remember His promises.

 

He gave me Isaiah 51:3

3The Lord will surely comfort Zion

 

and will look with compassion on all her ruins;

 

he will make her deserts like Eden,

 

her wastelands like the garden of the Lord.

 

Joy and gladness will be found in her,

 

thanksgiving and the sound of singing.

 

You opened my eyes to such a beautiful piece of Gods story. This is one example of what He does daily here at FCS for me.

I prayed diligently for 5 years for community, when I lived an hour away from anyone. I could never imagine being surrounded and encouraged everyday by this community of godly women.

What Satan intended evil God used for good. His glory and victory has already been won.

I feel so in awe of the goodness of God through you and FCS today.

Thank you for your time, shepherding, prayers and dedication to Jesus.


God is at work and your disappointment and pain. Removing idols false sources of joy trust and hope. If dependence is objective he breaks us to udder dependence. I will boast about my weaknesses. The greater the need the greater the provision
Every miracle it fixed a problem it’s not sinful to take care of your body

When I refuse to have prayer as a spiritual discipline in my life I am refusing the power given to me by Jesus through the Holy Spirit
God no place of correction in my life Is the area they usually have the hard time trusting trusting him most he wants to prove incorrect

Our mission in light of suffering
Call all of Jesus is miracles were to alleviate suffering
It was it wasn’t to show God’s power it was to show his redemptive wor

There is a connection between numbering days That will transfer into wisdom. By thinking about death we understand the gravity of life

Awe + intimacy= it’s grace that taught my heart to fear.

 

Comments

Popular Posts