Date with my dad

I get nostalgic everytime I pass an O charleys. You know. The 1980s family restaurant that has the best butter rolls and chicken fingers (with Ranch of coarse). One of my favorite memories as a little girl was going to O Charleys with my dad.

In my teenage/college years this same nostalgia came to my mind when the smell of Starbucks flooded my senses. The warm inviting smell of coffee will forever bring to mind my earthly fathers pursuit of my heart. 

My dad is still a very successful business man since he started working in the corporate world at 21. He was speaking at conferences in his late 20s and now people pay upwards of $500/hour for his consulting.  I never knew the price of his time until later in life because there was never a price for me. What a gracious father I have to take my call in the middle of the day. To give his time energy and money freely even when the question was, “hey dad how do you turn off these lights in my new car?” 

The days when I feel scared, alone and “on my own in this world, I go back to the familiar smell that reminds me that my Heavenly Father is always accessible, present and attuned to the care of my heart. To remind me he wants meet with me just because I’m His daughter. Thank you for showing me who my Heavenly Father is and thaHe is always accessible, present for His daughter. 


 





Comments

Popular Posts