Happy Birthday my Dear
My dear Breckan,
I marvel at the beauty of your heart. The kindness, the love, the care you have for others. Its stunning. I love who you are.
So often I say, "you look like your daddy on the outside, but inside your my spitting image." Which is so very true. I see so much of myself in you.
You came home a little sad today. You cried because your best friend, Rowan, helped herself to the candy cane you won. You didn't want to hurt her feelings but you really wanted that candy cane, especially since you were the one that won it! It killed my momma heart because I remember how I felt when the very same thing happened to me when I was younger.
We got our nails done the next day and they offered us a drink. I said no because I didn't want to seem needy but I really wanted to make it special for us. I vowed then to never say no to something I wanted because of the fear I had about inconveniencing or disappointing others.
I want to give you the world. It takes so much bravery to be in this world.
The fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord will be kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
Jesus called it loving the praise of men more than loving the praise of God. Being controlled by the fear of man is to make people, rather than God, our delight- our great delight.
The chief end of man is to know God and enjoy him forever. John Piper says the chief end of man is to glorify God by enjoying him forever.. and God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.
We enjoy God to the degree that we know his delight.
Comments
Post a Comment