Open when: You Dont Know Where to Start

Breckan and Raleigh, 
This is my first letter to you both because I pray that this is where you will both start. Getting to know my best friend, Jesus for the past 24 years has been the most incredible journey. Though he will NEVER leave you, I know there will be times when you feel so lost, alone, and confused when talking to the Lord, that you cant physically hear talk back to you.

So here is some direction for you. 
Start by pouring out. 
POUR OUT: Thank the Lord we have a Father who says give it all to me. 

Give me all your confessions and concerns
Confess: confession of sin will make us instantly purified! How wonderful it is to serve a God that when we confess our sin, He makes us white as snow! We are free from the bondage of sin. Beth Moore made a great point, "what we get from this sin is not as good as what it takes from us." We are missing out on so much when we hold that sin in and guilt take over. We live by the spirit so we dont gratify the desires of the flesh. Pray about these ungodly desires. Something is not satisfied in our heart for these desires to arise. An unsatisfied soul is a stronghold waiting to happen. If we have a craving for something in excess, it is a red flag that we are craving something that has not yet to be satisfied. We want to escape emptiness. We do something to make us feel different. We can pray and ask God to identify these strongholds. God can help us identify that dissatisfaction. Sinful habits need freedom. Identify that feeling that comes before the action. ie: I feel insecure before I overspend. God says tell me when you feel this! This is why we need to live in the spirit. I pray that the Lord would seep into every ounce of me and turn those impulses into godly passion. Lord change the heart of our desires because your love is better than life. Purify us from all unrighteousness. Stop being down from guilt- instead live as unforgiven! 

Then we give him our 
Concerns: pour out every concern you have and voice that to God so its in His hands. Bear your soul to Him so you can give him every anxiety fear and frustration. Give him every thought and feeling or insufficiency.

Now that you are empty of yourself you can be FILLED UP!

POUR IN: Now that I am a cleansed vessel, now just fill me overflowing with the Spirit. 

We crave to be filled. Fill every crevice of my heart. Dont let yourself be empty or else you will fill it with everything of the flesh .

Ephesians 5:18-21 New International Version (NIV)18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit.Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Proverbs 13: 12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.
This means we can go before him and tell him where you feel empty, tell him to satisy you in the morning and fill every place of my heart and mind. 
When we are feeling insecure. we can ask Lord, please tell me I am yours and I am beautiful (Psalm 45)

Lastly POUR FOURTH
2 Corinthians 3: 5-6 
 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 
I have to tell myself this everyday.
We are not defined with what we accomplished today, our career, our met goals, etc. Our competence comes from God- it is the spirit that gives life. We are meant to be servants and pour forth to a lost world. We dont have to be the best communicators, look at Moses! But we have been made competent ministers of the spirit. This is our purpose> to pour fourth and minister. 

Isnt it so empowering knowing that God equipped us for everything He has called us to do today! I pray that you will always remember to be Bold and Be a Blessing in this world!

Love, 
    Mom





Comments

Popular Posts