Elisabeth Elliot


The simple are thy rest in childlike hearts. 


The deliverance of the soul of all selfish, useless and unquiet cares brings to it unspeakable peace and freedom. 


A steadfast heart will lead to a simpler life. Entire resignation bring a a liberty. 


The soul that knows no self seeking is thoroughly and goes straightforward without any hinderance. Self renunciation increase and Self forgetfulness increase- peace will be boundless like the seas. Begin each day with the presence of the Holy Spirit. 


He knows our limitations and we can offer this to him and know he is in agreement, or am I evading the opportunity to be in the presence of God. 


He lives in us, looks down on us. He is here in this room. I daily ask for grace to serve and worship him. He will enable us if we are prepared to cooperate with him. 


1) Put yourself in the presence of God

2)read the Bible

3)Be the presence of God to others. 


Empty my heart of all useless care and anguish. Thanksgiving. Intercession and offering. Service acceptance and praise. Put yourself at Gods disposal. It’s a discipline. A steadfast heart will lead to the presence of Christ. 


I carry the weight of the world and all my responsibilities. I ask God, "How can I practice the presence of Christ when elementary students are swamping in my office or when I am always having to cook I am do the next thing for the kids? This is all an offering to Him. Elizabeth Elliot explains when it is time to peel the onions that is just as important as me speaking on this pulpit. what I am supposed to be doing. Our life is to be an offering, the next right thing is an offering to Christ. Work is ministry. Whatever God has for you to do and give that day- that is my ministry- as an offering to God. Whatever avid has given us to do is the place he wants to be glorified. Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, mind your own business and work with your hands.

Help me see that one more dish is a blessing to me


I often say, "God there is so much I mourn seeing that my children will not grow up with their biological father. There are so many things that spread me thin, I dont think I can give them all the things they would have had in a two parent home. I think of all the things she lacks because of me."


God answers, "Did you ever consider that I didn’t want this child to have a more organized mom?" He gave her to me and not a more capable exciting and stimulating mom. This time with the toddlers is a sweet time of undistracted love and mutual enjoyment. I am delighted that my God has assigned these kids to me. Jesus went to lonely places to be in the presence of his father without distractions. He assigns us to the place we are supposed to be and it’s in that place he wants to make himself known to us. 


Stability of spirit. To be anxious for nothing- not your . It is not my business what tomorrow holds. We only have this one day. Please show me what it is today that you want me to do? Nothing will be able to separate us from his love. If our lives were more simple then we would take him at his word and life would be sunshine in the sweetness of the Lord. 


Bring the presence of Christ to others. We need to ask the lord to bring equanimity - not easily depressed or elated. Composure tranquility and serenity. Whether broken by adversity or tempted by prosperity never depart from the right way. God only gives us one thing to do at a time. Elisabeth Elliot says it’s better to finish the task at hand.


From an old English parsonage down by the sea

There came in the twilight a message to me;

Its quaint Saxon legend, deeply engraven,

Hath, it seems to me, teaching from Heaven.

And on through the doors the quiet words ring

Like a low inspiration: “DO THE NEXT THING.”

Many a questioning, many a fear,

Many a doubt, hath its quieting here.

Moment by moment, let down from Heaven,

Time, opportunity, and guidance are given.

Fear not tomorrows, child of the King,

Trust them with Jesus, do the next thing

Do it immediately, do it with prayer;

Do it reliantly, casting all care;

Do it with reverence, tracing His hand

Who placed it before thee with earnest command.

Stayed on Omnipotence, safe ‘neath His wing,

Leave all results, do the next thing.

Looking for Jesus, ever serener,

Working or suffering, be thy demeanor;

In His dear presence, the rest of His calm,

The light of His countenance be thy psalm,

Strong in His faithfulness, praise and sing.

Then, as He beckons thee, do the next thing.

– Elizabeth Elliot



If we had a glimpse of what God was preparing us for in our next life we would consider it pure joy to have the opportunity to show righteousness in this life for the next kingdom

It’s an act of mercy that he would give us such a big assignment on this earth

Comments

Popular Posts