Open When You Face Discontentment

Breckan,
Baby girl you are making life interesting in our household these days. You are the most joyful baby who will get so excited at everything. you show your excitement by swinging your arms around as fast as they will go and by hyperventilating, kinda like a panting puppy. Gimmi just taught you how to clap and you do everything so intensely. My favorite thing is watching you in that walker, speed through the house, and run over everyone's feet. At night, you will NOT sleep in your own bed. You would cry for hours if your daddy let you, but of coarse he doesn't. you cry 5 minutes, and he is there to pick you up and bring you to bed with us. you have got him wrapped around your finger. Life is about to get very crazy soon with the birth of the new baby but you are my first born and will always be the little girl who first made me a mommy. 

The Lord has been challenging me to search my heart. 
I must find contentment: in any circumstances, in ourselves and in our roles and relationships. and to demolish the barriers that keep us from experiencing contentment: greed, a lack of purpose, and anxiety. and to keep from the mentality of just needing "just a little more."

I have been very convicted that I have a never enough attitude. Things that I am working on in our household:
1. Everything belongs to God.- but how much do i keep? how much do i give away?
2. Heart attitude is the issue.-where is my heart? where is my treasure?
3. God comes first and possessions come second.
4. Possessions are to be used not loved. Let that not be your false sense of security. My prayer is to be, Jesus give me more of you! Please remove my greed. 


What is Gods standards for Christians? Its not how much should we live off of, the question is, how much should I give to missions? where are you calling me to give? who do you want me to take care of?

What can we do at our house? 
Search our heart.
Search my heart and know me and tell me if there is any impure thought of greed, etc Convict me of my lackadaisical attitude. my complacency. 
Psalm 139: Lord show me where my treasure is. Show me what i can do to teach my children not to have a hold on greed. 

Cut the ropes:
look around in your house, where does greed have hold of me. 
who do i need to stay away from that promotes my greed

Submit to plastic surgery:
get rid of overspending

Beware of seasonal greed:
our Christmas every year from the kids: that they are to give to someone less fortunate. 

Have an attitude of gratitude
make a conscious effort to be thankful

Share your wealth
ask God what can i give? 
 "to whom much is given, much is expected" 1 Timothy 6:17-19: "command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do go, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share, in this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life."

 Be on the Alert
"turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain. turn my eyes away from worthless things. preserve my life according to your word." 

Holy Father, forgive me. I am ruled by impulses, appetites, and desires, my treasure is earthly. change me, motivate me and empower me by your spirit who indwells my weak body. i long to be content with what i have. i desire to use all you have given me for your glory. 

(Again I have been dwelling on contentment lately from my book by Linda Dillow "Calm my Anxious Heart." -so these ideas come from that lady of wisdom)

I love you Breckan- and I pray that you come to love Jesus more than anything in the world.
-Mom

Comments

Popular Posts