The wilderness

I will go with you to the sacred mountain. I am ready to leave Comfort to run with you on the sacred mountain. I can not say no to this invitation any longer because if I do my soul will die. I can’t bear the separation. O Lord I am ready. Loving my life as a living sacrifice. Not for self righteousness sake but to find you, to know the path of life and to know you intimately. Kayla prayed with me for an hour then my friend Anna and my two girls laid hands on my right ear and prayed for restoration of my hearing. 


This wanting in the wilderness- this separation I’ve felt- I have to know more about this season. This winter season. Kayla told me To go to Exodus and you just happen to give me that this morning in my reading.


“‘You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine; and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words that you shall speak to the people of Israel.””

‭‭Exodus‬ ‭19:4-6‬ ‭ESV‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/59/exo.19.4-6.ESV


In this wilderness he has showed me my sin and set limits on me. If I hear his voice and do not obey it’s very serious like the isrealites consequences


“the Lord said to Moses, “Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their garments And you shall set limits for the people all around, saying, ‘Take care not to go up into the mountain or touch the edge of it. Whoever touches the mountain shall be put to death.”

‭‭Exodus‬ ‭19:10, 12‬ ‭ESV‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/59/exo.19.10-12.ESV


He says to us if you do not obey my voice to the word- you will surely pass away

“And the Lord said to Moses, “Go down and warn the people, lest they break through to the Lord to look and many of them perish. Also let the priests who come near to the Lord consecrate themselves, lest the Lord break out against them.””

‭‭Exodus‬ ‭19:21-22‬ ‭ESV‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/59/exo.19.22.ESV


“Moses said to the people, “Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin.””

‭‭Exodus‬ ‭20:20‬ ‭ESV‬‬

https://bible.com/bible/59/exo.20.20.ESV


Comments

Popular Posts