I am not Enough

 

Insecurity means I am not __ enough

Exodus 3: Moses good-looking pharaohs adopted son.

His life is turned upside down- he is disowned by his dad and he murders a man

Moses flees into the desert: marries a woman and spends the next few years tending flock of father in law. 

God speaks to Moses in a burning bush. He said I am concerned about the suffering of the Israelites.

I want you to deliver the Israelites where he ends up doing so, God parted the Red Sea, and led them to freedom. (side note: He is the only man who is described to know God face to face. What an amazing thing that will be)

Moses didn't possess anything on his own that would indicate that he is even a good leader. 
He told God - But God I am not enough for this

 

Moses was about to go and deliver the Israelites but still had deep rooted insecurity from his past_

Who do I say sent me?

Tell Him the “I am who I am I am sent you.”

All those places in your life Moses that you feel that you are not, I am!

Confidence does not come from a better assessment of you potential confidence comes from a clearer view of God.

God told Moses to walk forward in confidence knowing that what I have called you to I have supplied you for.

But God I am not good enough!

God replies but I am!

But God I am not skilled enough!

I am!

But God I am not confident enough

But I am

 

In the Bible God would say his name… “I am…” and then attach the name that God was going to be for them.

God says “I am Jehovah Jira” – it means that God was about to supply Israel’s need.

Gods use of the word I am is the essence of the gospel.

I am Rafa- I am your healer

But God How could we ever live up to all these things you have told us in the bible?

I am Jehovah Mekoddishkem - The Lord Who Sanctifies You.

When Jerimiah was discouraged from his people- he looked to God and he replied

I am JEHOVAH TSIDKENU- I am Your Righteousness

Ezekiel was overcome by fear

I am Shama- I am your prescence of God with you

When David was fleeing in a cave from those who were trying to kill him

He called to the Lord (Psalms 123)- Jehova Ra- I am your shepherd

When Israel faced an impossible circumstances Abraham no way out.

Jehovah Jireh – I am your provider

And when Isaac said Lord I don’t think I will live another day-

The Lord replied- I am God your defender. I will never stop fighting for you.

God is going to attach these names to himself but he is also going to apply it to his areas of brokenness.

He will be the fullness for where we are empty.

- All those places in your life that you feel that you are not- God says "I am.".

God told Moses to walk forward in confidence knowing that what I have called you to I have supplied you for.

For all those who hunger- I am the bread of life

For all those who thirst- I am the well that never runs dry.

For all those who need a fresh start- I am the door.

For all those in darkness – I am the light.

For all those who feel abandoned- I am the good shepherd.

For all those who are lost – I am the way

For all those who are confused- I am the truth

For all those who are afraid of death- I am the Life

For all those who are powerless- I am your defense

For all those who are empty-  I am your fullness

For all those who feel unrighteous- I am your righteous covering

For the dead- I am your resurrection.

For the defeated- I am your everlasting Hope.


Comments

Popular Posts