Colossians 3

 

He has turned my fear into faith, set me free from the bondage to so many things: self righteousness, self reliance, self promotion, and self protection.

He gave me a real confidence and made me courageous. He emboldened me to do hard things. He sharpened me and taught me composure and refined my character. I long to live without sin because I truly desire His Presence.

My entire being was paralyzed by fear, and He gave me stillness, rest, and a peace that surpasses understanding

He showed me that He not just enough, He is everything.

He taught me communion with Him. What abiding in Him looks like.

He showed me how to live in the Spirit instead in the flesh.

He gave me an intense hunger for His Word. He gave me a love of prayer, solitude Sabbath. Spiritual disciplines.

 

I wrestled with questions and he answered-

If you can loose your salvation then what happened to Kanons heart? What happened to those I care about turning away from the Lord? Do I really have to surrender everything? Why keep a tight reign on my thoughts. Why should we not enjoy earthly pleasures? All the suffering is too hard for me to look at in the world. What am I trying not to feel? What have I turned a blind eye to? With close people in my life turning away from God I sought to understand their perspective. I asked him to show me He is the Only Way and he patiently taught me like a father would. When a child keeps forgetting what his dad had JUST said. The father gently reminds the child. He brought me closer in communion with Him. I asked for knowledge and He defined my doctrine..

It has been a BIG spiritual battle for my heart. My one cry for the last two years was _ “Lord win!” I need you to win my heart- because the fear was so great, I felt the attacks of Satan. I was doubting Gods goodness.

He spelled it out pretty clearly for me

If I live according to my sinful nature => death.

If I live being filled with the Spirit => peace & life.

How do you get life? But to death the misdeeds of the flesh. (Rom 8:13)-

What are misdeeds of the flesh? Colossians 3

I have felt a very real death (or loss of life) when I live to feed my flesh. It has lead to shame, guilt, isolation, fear, depression, anxiety.

I am to throw off sin and be filled with the Spirit. ( over and over again).

 

This is the essence of life- to know God and to enjoy His presence forever.

 

I kept praying that because I became very aware of the areas He wanted me to let go of sin. That sin was my comfort

So why can we not just live like some Christians do. Having a relationship with Him yet not giving obedience to God in one area of your life. I am asking for healing in another part of my life (men) yet I am over here holding on to my sin in another part. He says I can not dwell in darkness. I can not let my Spirit go into this part of your life you are asking for healing in unless you rid yourself of this thing you are not surrendering.

 

Why put off ALL sin: our duty to holiness and our love for God and we have a calling to righteousness

We are not longer slaves to fear or sin- we are slaves to righteousness.

A big part of how we pledge our allegiance to Him is showing trust through obedience which ever increases our faith.

Just as you used to offer parts of your body in slavery to impurity and wicked (ever increasing)

But offer yourselves a slave to righteousness, leading to Holiness.

When you were slaves you were free from the control of righteousness- What bv

So what benefit did I reap at the time from the things that I was ashamed of : shame guild hate and death.

What benefit did you get from living in Holiness? Filling of His Spirit. Learning the way truth and receiving real life. So what kind of life does he call us to?

 

 

 

To be a people that really see people. To attune to their hearts. To see the Christ in them.

 

 

 

 

What does it mean to be Filled with the Spirit? This is a daily practice.

-if anyone does not have the Holy Spirit- they are controlled by their sinful nature.

-it’s the same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead

- to live by the Spirit is to put to death the misdeeds of the body.

-to live by the Spirit is to have the way, the truth and the life by him through him.

-a spirit of Sonship

-testies with tour spirit that we are His children

-help us in our weakness

-intercedes on our behalf with groans that words can not express.

-knows the anguish of our heart and tells it to the Father.

-it is in us by faith (trusting in His Promises, believing in His faithfulness.)

We are bonded to this righteousness because that is the only way-  the only true life. My soul was made for Him therefore he is the only one that can be fully complete. To live in unity with body, mind and spirt (Christ in me).

Which leads me to. How do I keep my mind so that I can live fully in union with Him, not fighting to be the own god of my life.

Proverb 23:7 For as He thinks in his heart, as a person thinks, so he is.

 

 He is in me. Salvation is freedom from fear, suffering, wanting , needing, grasping or thinking. My mind is telling me I cant have salvation now- there is nothing that can get us to salvation quicker. I have faith – it is now.

If I just had this- life in Him- all that is good.
Abiding presence to know God on my inner essence know itself as a part of

Salvation is freedom from fear suffering wanting needing grasping or thinking. Mine is telling me I can’t be there now- I need to achieve before salvation- time is more a constraint now - I get there’s no is to realize there is nothing nothing can get us to salvation quicker

Our ego feeds off our need for survival- we can not just be

What is the motivation behind the sd

If

 

 

I remember Kanon and I both felt so much. We felt the big emptiness.

Comments

Popular Posts